Monday, September 10, 2012

Chinese Food: Júzi



I thought this was a lime when I went to the market the other day, but to my surprise it's an orange.


This label wasn't on the ones I bought originally, and to be honest, labels mean nothing in China. Sure this says it's an orange, but it's actually called 橘子 zi which means tangerine. They sell them when they are green, which is a little more sour than the normal tangerines.

 

Fruit is so easy to buy in Asia. There are carts and market shops everywhere. Fruit sold in the grocery stores, surprisingly is usually pretty awful. The best produce comes from shops that ONLY sell fruit and that sell fruit everyday. The seasonal fruit is usually sold outside of the store front and the apples and common fruits are usually inside. zi started popping up just a week ago.



Sorry for the bad webcam pics. I'm on my lunch break and wanted to quickly throw this up!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Awesome. Wait til spring where there's watermelons EVERYWHERE